The State of the NNA

Discussion in 'New Nicotine Alliance Australia' started by Charles Vaper, Aug 24, 2018.

1. Charles Vaper

Charles Vaper Senior Member

I have taken over the presidency of the NNA, due to Annette's illness, and wish for her better days ahead.
    I am busy brainstorming ideas and our best means of moving forward. I'll have more to say on this over the coming weeks.

One thing is clear, and that is that a better relationship must be developed between vapers and advocacy; in particular, the NNA. This is something I feel strongly about, and I trust I can deliver.

I invite all vapers and visitors here to offer your views and or opinions regarding advocacy in general, and will happily take them into account.

Regards
    Charles

margyb, Zeitguy, laurie9300 and 3 others like this.
  2. DogMan

DogMan Mutley

Hope Annette is OK. I'd wondered for a while if the presidency was too much to ask with her health, and her family's

Viva el Carlos

3. Angela

Angela Senior Member

I'm sorry to hear about Annette. She's a fabulous communicator, but yeah when illness takes hold you have to look after yourself, and that's all there is to it. I'm personally grateful to her for the strength she showed in pretty difficult circumstances.

As for the relationship between the NNA and the community, I think people just want regular updates, even if nothing's happening.

Kudos to all of you who are still hanging in there. It can't be easy trying to get the NNA where it needs to be, but I trust you can deliver too, Charles.

Facebook, forums, Twitter, even Instagram - just bowl 'em over with your charm and charisma. :sillygrin:

Good luck. :)

margyb, laurie9300 and The Vaper like this.
  4. Charles Vaper

Thanks for your encouragement, Angela.
    It's going to be a joint effort, but I believe we can make an impact. It's also about getting the right people on board too.
    I'll update more next week..

The Vaper likes this.
  5. Noe

Noe Adorably quirky ... QUIRKY Noe! VCA Approved Post Whore

Congrats Charles.
    I think one of if not the most important quality needed in any kind of advocacy is passion and you certainly have that in bucket loads when it comes to vaping. So I think the presidency is in good hands at the NNA-Au.

Annette did a good job as far as I could tell but her health comes first, I hope she gets on top of it quickly.

As far as the vaping community is concerned, I think you just need to be open to listening to vapers & what they want in their advocates/advocate group(s), many vapers have good ideas that could be taken on board.
    You're never going to be able to please everyone, no matter how hard you try but don't let that deter you from doing what you know is in the best interests of vaping in Australia.

I wish you & the NNA success.

Zeitguy and The Vaper like this.
  6. Charles Vaper

Thanks, Noe, the Panda knows best :)

Noe, The Vaper and margyb like this.