1. Thank you to all those who submitted to the Federal Inquiry into E-Cigarettes for making your story count in the fight to legalise nicotine in Australia. Submissions may be viewed HERE.
    Dismiss Notice

The story of DogMan

Discussion in 'Your Story' started by DogMan, Jun 3, 2015.

1. DogMan

DogMan Butler

I was born at the age of zero, and have regretted it ever since. By the end of primary school, I'd already made one attempt on my life, so not surprising that started high school led to starting experimenting with drugs.

At first, smokes were mostly an after bong session thing. To kick back and kick it in. But not long later, they became a way to kill time at bus stops, freshen up [lol] after a meal... you know the story.

I made several attempts to quit. My best effort being 3 years, semi cold turkey. "Semi" being mandated by SWMBO. She left, I started again, bigger and better than ever.

I first heard of e-cigs in the early days, on a mental illness forum. I looked into them then, but ordering online seemed like too much effort.

I next heard of e-cigs on a football forum. A member "Cunning Punt", who had previously enjoyed many hours a day trolling poor defenceless Port Adelaide supporters, went very quiet, and made stop ins preaching the benefits of his new hobby. We exchanged PM, he explained the situation with nicotine, to steer clear of cigalikes in favour of the new ego setups, but at the time it seemed like a huge investment for another potential failure, just like champix, patches etc.

In 2013 the government intercepted a huge shipment of chop chop and I couldn't get it anymore, despite following every lead within 3 hours travel of home. I started reading online, lurked AussieVapers forum and others, and bought an EVOD [suspected clone sold as original] from OzVape, and juice from NZ [all tobacco flavours]

The EVOD showed up first, with a free nic free sampler, in orange flavour. I did try the nic free, and avoided a few cigs that night. The next day my nic arrived. I liked it, no looking back... until: the charger was a dud, so batteries couldn't be recharged.

I posted on a forum, ascertained that it was a dud charger, replaced it the next day at hideously overpriced vapourtron b & m store.

The next progressions were pretty quick, through VTR, vamo, the usuals at the time [I discovered fasttech]. I stuck with cheap tobacco juices.

In the first few weeks, my lung gunk decided it didn't want to stay in my lungs anymore. I googled a lot for symptoms associated with giving up smoking, kept a timeline bookmarked on my PC. But it did clear up.

By about the three month point, they had cleared up so much I briefly thought I was superman. I took up jogging, tai chi... because I could [it didn't last]

At some early point, I bought a used sigelei mech mod, an RSST genesis rebuildable, and some 22mm RDA I forget the name of. The genesis appealed the most to start with, other than the spills and tilting. So home was mech + genny, out and about was vamo + early clearo [protank, an older style bottom single coil, wicked with silica @ 1.8ohm for new folk]

The RDA grew on me, as did dripping, and my goto became a nemesis clone with a dripper. Soon on to squonking a REO with a 14mm RDA, then bigger RDA when Rob of reosmods started selling them.

I just passed 18 months. I've set myself on the 12 steps for mod buying addiction [so @Jennifer sorry I cracked the shits a few weeks back, I was frustrated and narky (8 Made a list of all persons we had harmed, and became willing to make amends to them all.)]

Seriously, I need to stop buying mods. "It'll be cheaper" they said... sure.

I still use crappy juice, but butt whoopin mods.

Dan

KayP, Cloudy, Fluffy and 13 others like this.
  2. Sean

Sean Pommie Git

Crappy juice? Do not forget that some of us have sampled your extracts and found them to be most pleasing.

Also, awesomeness... :)

KayP and DogMan like this.
  3. laurie9300

laurie9300 Photoshop Whore

Good on ya DM! Vape On!........or should I say Squonk On!

DogMan likes this.
  4. Angela

Angela ...

classic post doggie :thumbup:

DogMan likes this.
  5. Jennifer

Jennifer Pyjama Queen

Yeah well, I can be a bit of a **** sometimes too.

Good story.

DogMan and Judith like this.
  6. Judith

Judith Mostly harmless

I hate to say this DM but your coffee was the best I tried out of six coffee flavours I made up. I was telling my son about the astronomical bent on usernames here and he suggested that if there was anyone who was into dogs they should call themselves Sirius so I thought of you naturally. :)

DogMan likes this.
  7. DogMan

DogMan Butler

lots of ground coffee for not much juice

8. Angela

Angela ...

What about Pluto?

Judith likes this.
  9. DogMan

DogMan Butler

goofy

gorsh

10. Nico and Laughter

Nico and Laughter Senior Member

Cool thanks dogman, I've never heard your story before.

DogMan likes this.
  11. Pufnstuf

Pufnstuf Carto Connoisseur

The first fully converted Squonker that I met on the forums and is still at it . Good on you mate

DogMan likes this.
  12. Noe

Noe Adorably quirky ... QUIRKY Noe! VCA Approved Post Whore

Thanks for sharing Doggie.
    Squonk boxes need to come down in price, almost every other bit of vape kit has been cloned & seen even prices of Originals coming down in price because of it, not so much with squonk boxes.
    It's not much different to a dual 18650 box mod, which can be picked up for around $50 US for a cheap brand now.
    I know there's the plastic owl box but there needs to be a metal box in the same price range, I don't like plastic boxes that will easily break.

DogMan likes this.
  13. DogMan

DogMan Butler

There is the kui mech. Pretty crappy though and need modding. Somewhat better than the shitheap vapoureyes sell though

Sent from my GT-I9506 using Tapatalk

14. Steve Thomas

Steve Thomas Senior Member

Good stuff dogman. Its good to see someone who did not have a silky smooth transition to vaping but you still got right into it. Keep on vapin on.:thumbup:

DogMan and Nico and Laughter like this.
  15. Aqualung

Aqualung Vagrant

Onya Dogman. Thanks.
    But as to @Moonbeam suggesting the Sirius reference, cant see it. Yahoo Sirius maybe, yeah, that might work

DogMan and Judith like this.
  16. DogMan

DogMan Butler

Quiet tonight, so doing my 2 year update a bit early

^still this

not much has changed, still 25mg, sub ohm on mech squonkers.

I rely on the community, and other communities. I really value all of you [well, not ALL, nor really most, but some of you] you help keep me from defaulting to rollies. I rebuilt coils and serviced mods tonight, giant PITA, and smoking would be easier.

Still awesome

Still extracts

Boring update, but yearly is the custom from other places

KayP, margyb, Judith and 2 others like this.
  17. Nico and Laughter

Not boring at all. Consistent and that's awesome!

DogMan likes this.
  18. DogMan

DogMan Butler

thanks annette, you are too quiet lately. Hope all is going well

19. Nico and Laughter

Yeah thyroid packed it. On meds but may take a while to come good. Just so tired sorta communing with the lounge a lot. We are becoming one.

KayP, margyb, Jennifer and 1 other person like this.
  20. Jennifer

Jennifer Pyjama Queen

Hope it kicks in soon Annette. :*

margyb and DogMan like this.