To buy or not to buy? The future of OCC

Discussion in 'Rebuildable Atomisers' started by Posterboy, Apr 7, 2016.

1. Posterboy

Posterboy Senior Member

Looking closely at upgrading atties, however the market has really changed quite quickly recently with regards to ceramic coils.
    A quick search and they are popping up everywhere.
    Now, the hybrids I dont quite get. Cotton and coils in a ceramic jacket, dont get it. They will still burnout, and if not rebuildable, what is the cost?
    UD on the other hand has (from what Ive seen) a coil setup made entirely of ceramic (simba). Is that cool?
    So I really want UD Goblin Mini V2. But it might be out of date before it reaches me, the way things are going.

Any thoughts?

2. Firekombi

Firekombi Senior Member Vendor

Not real thoughts, but above can be said about the ceramic coils too... who knows what they will come up with nx....

If they gonna be still puting OCC on the market (somebody else can get into the supply and demand and profit discussion) and it is still something you will choose to use, then I dont see why not, but there are a lot of things that I dont see.

Personally I have not jumped on the ceramics band wagon.

3. rupert

rupert Crazy Chemist

Get a good RDA (dripper) and not have to worry about buying pre made replacement coils :) Very helpful I know, but I couldn't resist.

Firekombi likes this.
  4. Posterboy

Posterboy Senior Member

Ive not used a factory coil for more than 6 months. I mean why would you given the cost and waste?

rupert likes this.
  5. Noe

Noe Adorably quirky ... QUIRKY Noe! VCA Approved Post Whore

Ceramic is the way of the future :)
    After trying Ceravape ceramic wick tanks, I am certain that the technology will improve & once it does, cotton is going to be a poor cousin.
    However, there will always be a place for cotton, not everyone likes the kind of vape ceramic gives.

6. Ben

Ben Forum Stud

Get the Goblin Mini, just make sure it's a V2. I am just loving mine, in case you cant tell by the amount that I fawn over it on here.
    The Goblin's features are kind of future proof to some extent. There wont be a better fill system than a simple topfill like the gmv2, the size and capacity are part of the look, some complain about the airflow, I think it's perfect. They may bring out a v3 with a better deck (not that it is bad) or maybe a redesigned airflow section, but that's about it.
    Go the V2, you wont regret it... Unless you have trouble with wicking and end up with a mod covered in juice...

Oh and ceramic is awesome. Ditto to @Noe's post