Tutorials

Discussion in 'Feedback and Suggestions' started by Nico and Laughter, Jun 4, 2015.

1. Nico and Laughter

Nico and Laughter Senior Member

While I'm at it, having a section for tutorials might work really well. I was thinking upon it before. Learning new things is one of those things I really liked about vaping. Dogmans post on squonkers is a perfect example or even basic tutorials on different hardware, building coils all sorts of stuff. The advantage of a forum (and sometimes its disadvantage) is the diversity of skills of its members. And everyone has a skill and it could be really helpful to newbies and intermediate vapers alike. And who knows even experienced vapers could learn something new. It would be cool to have them in one place. What do you think?

laurie9300 and Judith like this.
  2. Admin

Admin Senior Member

Yeah, I noticed they have a Tutorial section over on UK Vapers.

3. Noe

Noe Adorably quirky ... QUIRKY Noe! VCA Approved Post Whore

I don't think a tutorials section is really needed. Tutorials can be posted in the other sections & if deemed worthy stickied at the top.
    Not sure we need a lot of tutorials, so it just seems like a waste of a subforum IMO.

4. Admin

Admin Senior Member

Ok, I'll move doggie's squonking thread back to general

5. IGsrGR8

IGsrGR8 Senior Member

I like the "Tutorials" forum at UKV. It means only having to look/search in one place for a topic, and if replying to a question, it's easy to find the link to put into a post vs searching entire site trying to find something. Also, it gives everybody the opportunity to share their experiences.

Jennifer likes this.
  6. Admin

Admin Senior Member

It's easy enough to put it back up. I saw it on UKV too, but no-one here seemed overly enthused. I can put it back at the bottom of hardware and if it gets used it does, if not I can remove it.

Judith and DogMan like this.
  7. Jennifer

Jennifer Pyjama Queen

I think it's good to have too. I know there are a couple of tutorials up already, and these could be linked to by a thread in the Tutorial section...to save moving them.

8. DogMan

DogMan Mutley

how about stickies?

One of us can do one for the mech forum, sticky it, but don't get carried away with too many stickies?

9. Admin

Admin Senior Member

I've put the tutorial forum back. I hate stickies. You always end up with too may. it's a slipery slope.

Catweazle and DogMan like this.
  10. DogMan

DogMan Mutley

Drafting a starting with mech mods one. Do newbies still try mechs? We are a dying breed

Sent from my GT-I9506 using Tapatalk

Admin likes this.
  11. Noe

Noe Adorably quirky ... QUIRKY Noe! VCA Approved Post Whore

There's still newbies that try mechs, usually they go regulated first then look at mechs & decide if they want to try them or not, most don't.
    Mechs have lost a lot of appeal with higher watt boxes being pumped out by just about every Chinese factory now.

12. DogMan

DogMan Mutley

that's what i thought

i'll write it anyway, there might be some left like me

Catweazle and DaveJ like this.
  13. DaveJ

DaveJ I Vape

Even if not for "mainstream" newies, there are still going to be some interested.

Catweazle and DogMan like this.
  14. Jennifer

Jennifer Pyjama Queen

I completely agree. I never bother reading them either, mainly because there's so many of them.