Twitter Feed

Discussion in 'Feedback and Suggestions' started by IGsrGR8, Jul 8, 2015.

1. IGsrGR8

IGsrGR8 Senior Member

I don't know who has ownership of this, and I know it's not easy. But, VCA should be Tweeting, not just RT random stuff (which is how it looks), and perhaps we should be aiming for OZ content/relevance?

Otherwise, why have the Twitter feed?

Perhaps we need members here, who use Twitter, to include @vapercafe in their Tweets/RTs = call out to VCA members?

Unless NNA-OZ is going to have a Twitter A/C?

Random thoughts, plenty of OZ vapers out there tweeting, but it would be good to have an "Umbrella" = cohesiveness :)

Jennifer, James and BakerB like this.
  2. BakerB

BakerB Senior Member

good idea

3. Admin

Admin Senior Member

ECF - tweets once every couple of days
    UKV - does not have a twitter account
    AVF - does not have a twitter account
    VCA - 114 tweets in 31 days.

Not good enough, I agree, but better than some. A simple thankyou would have been nice somewhere in your post Iggy. I get a fair bit of people telling me that something is wrong. This isn't very rewarding, lol.

VCA is not specifically an activist forum, but simply one that welcomes activists and non-activists alike. It in itself offers some umbrella cohesiveness by offering tweeters a platform to write paragraphs longer than 140 characters. It may, by all means, be used to discuss, promote and coordinate twitter campaigns. Our own twitter account is simply there to enhance and promote the forum. I tweet links to competitions and interesting threads, and retweet the best of what else is out there. The widget is there for the convenience of members who don't do twitter, so I only retweet tweets with links that can be followed by people who don't have a twitter account.

The NNA UK has a twitter account and I have no doubt the NNA AU will too. As the NNA is specifically an activist organisation shouldn't they be the ones to lead the charge?

The problem for me is time. I run a Facebook page as well. The only way I can spend more time campaigning on twitter is if I start to drop my responsibilities here. I assume that my belief in the need for a forum that allows political speech is well founded. I'm not sure that I can spread myself as thinly as you'd like, although I do honestly see the value in being more active on twitter. The thing is, a few months of being full-on active on twitter and facebook, as well as running the forum would burn me out completely. And then what?

Let's be patient and see what the NNA does. I will try to work in harmony with them. Perhaps I can delegate some twitter duties to someone.

Thanks for the feedback though. It's food for thought.

margyb, Judith, DaveJ and 2 others like this.
  4. Donna

Donna Senior Member

The NNA AU has a twitter account and you will see activity from it in the future. Unfortunately though, I've only been back in Australia for 20 days and despite devoting every waking minute to the NNA AU, Twitter hasn't happened yet. Once we get a final decision on the logo by the Board (with vapers input from the poll) which should happen at our next meeting, you'll see Facebook and Twitter up and running shortly thereafter.

margyb, Judith, Admin and 1 other person like this.