Vape it forward

Discussion in 'Competitions/Fundraisers/Giveaways' started by Donna, Nov 20, 2015.

1. Donna

Donna Senior Member

Dr Marewa Glover has started a "vape it forward" initiative for Aussie and NZ smokers that want to switch and are in need. From time to time she has a callout for hardware particularly for those that cannot afford to buy an initial setup. She also calls out to overseas vapers/vendors for eliquids with nicotine.

If anyone has any good quality working starter type setups they are not using and would be willing to post to someone else in Australia or New Zealand, please list in this thread. "Vape it forward" will match the need to what you are able to send and provide you with the name and postal address.

Please be mindful there is no point sending junk or sub ohm stuff. These are for new vapers that need effective and simple hardware.

Vendors are welcome to contribute to this initiative. In fact they are encouraged to do so.

Obviously in our case it cannot be eliquid if it is going to be sent within Australia, just hardware.

This is their twitter
    https://twitter.com/vapeitfwd

2. Jennifer

Jennifer Pyjama Queen

I keep seeing this on twitter and thinking what a fantastic idea, but I've given all my newbie gear away now. Must remember to grab some starter gear next time I do an order.

It's a good way to move on old gear you no longer use.

Nico and Laughter and Donna like this.
  3. Donna

Donna Senior Member

Me too Jen, I've got nothin left ATM.

4. Jerry Hatrick

Jerry Hatrick Senior Member

I too am in the same boat.
    Lots of mechs not being loved much but already unloaded all the stuff suitable for new starters :cry:

Donna likes this.
  5. emu

emu Banned

nico juice is the key and that's the hard thing to get to them.
    same old newbie's problem caused by our government, but if they are smoking cigs surely they can put thier money towards vaping instead of cigs.

if you want to vape you have to help yourself as we've all done, I agree the love behind Vape it forward is really nice but the logistics and laws make it virtually unworkable.

Maggie and Head in the Clouds like this.
  6. Donna

Donna Senior Member

The very generous OS Vape Family will take care of the nicotine meq.

We are talking about people who struggle to buy meals for their kids and to take a punt on "another potentially useless thing that might help me quit" expense is beyond their reach. Many also probably don't even have internet access and I know many live in remote communities in NZ.

But in saying that, once they see the potential, they must go on to buy their own. :)

Noe, Jennifer and Judith like this.
  7. Nico and Laughter

Nico and Laughter Tinkerbell

I tried to register for this a while back but it didn't work. I will try again when I'm on a computer

8. AVCA NZ

AVCA NZ New Member

I just wanted to add an update here about the #vapeitforward twitter campaign. Marewa is still running that and using that equipment and liquid to supply vapers who are in the Vape2Save initiative that is run in Auckland as a budgeting service (fags are so expensive so if you quit, you save more money and then you can have that for food, etc). It is different from the VIF that AVCA runs. That is a volunteer and donation scheme between vapers in the community and vendors who donate their old tester equipment, vapers who donate liquid to people to help them stop smoking. They are separate....Marewa and Rebeccas program/initiative is up in Auckland. We are everywhere. We have offered to collaborate with Rebecca on her program and I think the VIF Coordinator for AVCA (Mandi) is in contact with her. To be honest, if the vapers can organise something to help smokers its a big thing. Our vapers offer each smoker/newbie vaper a one month mentorship (txts, calls, visits) and then they are put into the FB group (Vape NZ) for online support. Its gotten off to a rocking start. Yes, the nicotine is necessary but more so I think, is the support. When the majority of us old timers (5+ years) started we didn't have any support, now theres heaps. :)

1ynne, sirfoxey, Gasman and 6 others like this.
  9. Gasman

Gasman Senior Member

How about concentrates?

Are they ok or is the idea strictly aimed at for want of of a better expression easier stuff.

10. AVCA NZ

AVCA NZ New Member

The mentor can show the newbie how to DIY, absolutely. It is based around the newbies needs to be honest. They start off with a loaner kit and 15mls of juice. From there, the mentor has the option of sharing all their knowledge and expertise. I have to be honest though, in NZ with the dearth of vendors we have for juice (still need to import nic here)...its easier to just go with premade to start. A lot of the people I have mentored in the past year are fully DIY'ing it because they vape so much and its more cost effective.

Jennifer likes this.