Vika Fantasy [Clone] - Mini review

Discussion in 'Reviews' started by DogMan, Feb 3, 2017.

1. DogMan

DogMan Mutley

This is the second tag team non-review by @Pippi and myself :bowdown:

This tank deserves its own thread.

Background

I decided that I need a discrete vape on some occasions... Not "stealth", which implies sneaking a vape. Just more polite than 75 watts on RDA. An example circumstance is for Mum's home help, policy says no smoking in the house while they are here. They understand that I vape, but keeping it discrete is just... manners?

The Device

Vika Fantasy Clone from fasttech https://www.fasttech.com/products/0/10024366/5277101-vika-fantasy-styled-tank-clearomizer

Pippi gifted me this in a competition attempting to balance out karma for winning a gearbest prize.

Packaging is standard FT generic white cardboard. No frills, but very little non-recyclables ;)

Package contains tank in clear bag, hex tool for AFC, spare orings and screws.

The base screws off! Took me all day to work that out. Pippi kindly swapped the clone coil for an authentic BVC 1.8 ohm. It read around 1.9 on my USA ohm meter.

4865d04fc099b32d8fb8a43f0e3bacca.jpg

I filled to just below chimney height, dripped 4 drops on coil directly, then blew through it.

d1fe022b4d5b108a2bf298af1bcc418a.jpg

The standard mouth piece is dodgy, so swapped for longish thin one.

9d66a18112b9e6ecd3423891cc8b0753.jpg

Have tried this ranging from 7 watts on a low battery mech, to 14 watts on the little pico. It did keep up with 14 watts, but I felt it lost some of its charm and subtlety.

So far no gurgles, leaks, nor dry hits.

The draw, with AFC backed out, reminds me of my hadaly RDA. It can range from tight MTL, airy more aggressive MTL, or restricted lung hit. With it backed out, I can MTL or RLH depending on mood comfortably.

Either way, it suits a long, slow draw. The draw is warm and flavourful, with good TH.

My current juice is around 50/50 pg/vg with 50mg nic + 7 mg WTA. Lightly flavoured with "el blanc" gifted to me by our Judith :h:

These "MTL tanks" have come a long way since iclears and EVODs.

Aqualung, Donna, Noe and 3 others like this.
  2. Pippi

Pippi Mother of Pudles

Awesome work Doggie .

DogMan likes this.
  3. Judith

Judith Mostly harmless

I guess we can definitely say this is a great MTL tank coming from someone who drips at high watts usually. I am hooked on Vika's.

I would call stealth vaping "polite" because we have no choice since we are using something which is not as efficient at delivering nic, except if direct lung inhaling which seems to come closer. It is NOT polite to make someone suffer because of their dependence on nicotine by stopping them from vaping if it is not annoying anyone.

Off topic, I love Le Blanc and it is the best flavour I have ever tried. I am a tight arse and can't see myself spending a dollar a ml so have tried to get bulk but can't find a place that will send it to me. If I do find someone who will I will send you some if you like it.

Pippi and DogMan like this.
  4. Pippi

Pippi Mother of Pudles

quick off topic question - is it very menthol ?

DogMan likes this.
  5. DogMan

DogMan Mutley

No. Kinda reminded me of chamomile tea the first time I had it

Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk

6. Judith

Judith Mostly harmless

I didn't get any menthol at all from it. 'Inspired by mango Bellini's of summer on the beaches of Marseille, and the frigid winters of the French Alps, Le Blanc is a marriage of sensual mango, coconut and vanilla, accentuate with frosty mint ice. "

I might be confusing the liquids because Geneva sounds like a more familiar description. 'A sophisticated surge of peach taffy with bursts of dragon fruit and guava come together in an utter symphony of perfection.'

Totally confused but both are excellent flavours and I'm pretty sure it was Le Blanc that I loved the most although I normally wouldn't be excited by the flavourings listed. It was a very complex flavour in which nothing stood out except it's deliciousness. I vape very, very weak flavoured liquids and they rarely taste so wonderful when they are heavily diluted but some flavouring is disgusting at the start so nothing will help it.

Of the three Marquee Vapes liquids I won I was a bit ho hum about Conundrum but it was still better than most.

While I was looking for the descriptions I found a place which sells it so I have emailed them to ask if they send to Australia.

DogMan likes this.
  7. Charles Vaper

Charles Vaper Senior Member

Are those Nautilus BVC coils I see there? Is it like the kabuki? May be worth investigating. This never stops, does it!? We're all bloody harm reduction addicts :sillygrin:

8. DogMan

DogMan Mutley

yep, BVC

and yes, my understanding is these are quite kabuki-like

9. Charles Vaper

Well then, they are the standard and coil of choice for MTL imo. Then investigate I shall do. Good find there Dogman.

Pippi, Judith and DogMan like this.
  10. Judith

Judith Mostly harmless

There is mini Vika fan club here and we are all madly stocking up on Nautilus coils in fear of them being discontinued.

11. Charles Vaper

Okay thank. Hope that's not the case. Not sure if anyone has contacted Aspire but I will start making inquiries. Their US offices (agent) are right near where I use to live in Seattle. I'll let you know what they say by early next week.

12. Pippi

Pippi Mother of Pudles

Hi Charles, I have three authentic Kabukis and I have loved them above all other tanks - The Mini Nautilus was/is also a favourite.
    The Vika fantasy Clone is equal if not slightly better than the Kabuki which is crazy considering its about $15 AU compared with $135 AU for the Kabuki.
    I have bought a lot of them and far prefer them over the Nautilus X.
    You can buy an Authentic Vika ( they are also pricey) but all of us that have the clones are really happy with them.
    Its been interesting for me as I have never been a clone fan and also prefer to shop in Australia and support Aussie Vape stores with the exception of the Mini Nautilus coils as they are $6 a pack cheaper from gearbest and I go through heaps of them.
    So far no one in Australia is stocking the Vika clone but you can find them at Fast Tech https://www.fasttech.com/products/0/10024366/5277101-vika-fantasy-styled-tank-clearomizer.

They really are great :)
    It says a lot that even Doggie enjoyed the Vape and its not his thing.

DogMan likes this.
  13. Pippi

Pippi Mother of Pudles

Great thanks Charles, Dogman also sent them a message on their Facebook page but I dont think he has a reply yet. It would be good to know for sure.

DogMan likes this.
  14. DogMan

DogMan Mutley

I got out of office for lunar New year

Pippi likes this.
  15. Charles Vaper

Okay, I got an answer from the states this morning. There are no known plans on discontinuing these coils. However, I too intend on contacting corporate in China asap. I'll start a new post on Aspire BVC coils,

DogMan, Judith and Pippi like this.
  16. Donna

Donna Senior Member

Love the review Dan but :spank: for dissing the EVOD :sillygrin:

Charles Vaper, DogMan and Judith like this.
  17. Noe

Noe Adorably quirky ... QUIRKY Noe! VCA Approved Post Whore

Added to hardware review directory. :)

DogMan likes this.
  18. DogMan

DogMan Mutley

:blush:

Pippi likes this.