1. Thank you to all those who submitted to the Federal Inquiry into E-Cigarettes for making your story count in the fight to legalise nicotine in Australia. Submissions may be viewed HERE.
    Dismiss Notice

WA Vape Meet

Discussion in 'Competitions/Fundraisers/Giveaways' started by Gasman, Nov 30, 2016.

1. Gasman

Gasman Senior Member

[​IMG]

A while ago I mentioned a vape meet at my humble abode and would like to resurrect the proposal. At the time it was decided to wait until the warmer months and reckon it's fair to say they've arrived.

However my suggestion would be to wait until the new year to give people the time to (almost) get over the expense and work involved in Christmas. This will also give me time to clean up the back yard to an acceptable standard!

I know it's all about vapers getting together but personally I also like the notion of revenue raising and would like to follow the same pattern as we experienced at Mats ( from The Flavour Republic) home. In as much to say if possible to raise some money for Vince and The NNA AU.
    Knowing Christina I'm sure she also raised money for Vince but to be perfectly honest I can't remember.

I've no idea how to go about this and would very much appreciate some input and help in that department. As we all know I am a computer idiot but could email some vendors with requests. Personally I'd only feel comfortable doing that to vendors that I've used but if necessary will approach others.

I'm happy for as many as would like to attend but I don't live in a Claremont mansion. However I'm confident that I could accommodate as many as are likely to come.
    I'm afraid I don't own a pizza oven and cannot cook but my wife is an excellent cook and reckon I could grovel enough to have a half reasonable spread. Probably just sandwiches,nibbles and some bakery of description as that may depend on the groveling and bribery involved.

I'm putting it out there for suggestions and help as I'm more than willing to try and organise things but don't want to fall miserably and let anybody down.

Donna, Judith, Flea and 6 others like this.
  2. DogMan

DogMan Yes

Contacting vendors you know is good.

Avoid saying things like "we are small, but..." or putting WA down.

Tell them you are yuge and awesome and doing them a favour by advertising.

Post on Facebook vape groups and small juice vendors will offer stuff too.

Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk

Judith, Pippi, Flea and 1 other person like this.
  3. Noe

Noe Adorably quirky ... QUIRKY Noe! VCA Approved Post Whore

@Pippi may be willing to help with the NNA-AU fundraising organisation :)

I might be able to attend, if my wife lets me out of parole LOL

Gasman likes this.
  4. DogMan

DogMan Yes

Pippi needs a decent break. It shouldn't always be on her :(

Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk

Donna, Flea, Angela and 3 others like this.
  5. Christina Ballerina

Christina Ballerina Senior Member

6. Christina Ballerina

Hey Gasman, my friend. it would be brilliant to have a vapemeet at your abode.
    I did consult with other members before Mats meet and the general consensus was funds to go to NNA AU, but of course it was up to the vendors and some were very much in support of Vinces cause.
    So basically I emailed everyone, in the vendors forum and gave them a choice.
    Most were for NNA and that is what we decided for the online auction and tickets were seld accordingly.

But many Vendors wanted to support Vince.which was brilliant, so we did a separate tabletop raffle on the day for that.

I have to admit that Pippi organised all the online raffle numbers after I sent her a list of prizes, which was a great help as I can be a bit ditzy.

Also the lovely Gem helped out a lot on the day itself. This was all for Mat's meet.

We will be there if we are not somewhere else at that time. Good luck.

The other thing that worked for me when I had one was a $2 contribution for food and $1 door fee which was as far as I recall all donated to Vinces fund.

Good on you, you seem much more organised than me, so I'm sure it will be fine.

Last edited: Dec 1, 2016
    Flea, Gasman, Donna and 2 others like this.
  7. Pippi

Pippi Admin Moderator

Lovely idea Gasman, I am always envious of your Perth meets as they seem so relaxed and fun.
    With regards to fundraising, I think you should chose just one to donate to as I think it puts folks in a tricky spot of having to choose how to spend thier raffle cash - plus neither end up receiving as much as they could.
    I also think there is no need to get heaps of prizes for smaller meets & its better to save up hitting on Vendors for big fundraising events that will have bigger returns. Just get a few great prizes and have fun is my suggestion.

In regards to me helping, I am sorry but I cant this time as I have a lot on, including trying to get my house ready to put on the market.
    I wish you well and feel free to ask me any questions about running the raffle.
    :)

8. Gasman

Gasman Senior Member

Ok I'm happy to do a similar format to Mats but would hope that Vince receives a reasonable amount on the day.

The bit that I would need help with is undoubtably the online sales of any raffle tickets so I'll hope that can be taken off my hands. I'll happily do any ground work involved but not the sales because I know I'll stuff it up.

See what transpires.

DogMan likes this.
  9. Christina Ballerina

Well when I did my 2nd vape meet NNA AUS did not exist so it all went to Vince. TBH I am frightfully disappointed at the latest result of the plea for money for NNA, they are doing such good work and how bloody hard would it be to donate $20 per month by direct debit as we all know we are saving thousands of dollars a year by vaping. I will set mine up as soon as I have time, but feel quite sad about the complacency of many vapers. Bring on the red ticks lol.

Pippi, Judith, Donna and 1 other person like this.
  10. Donna

Donna Senior Member

Hey Gas, feel free to do this vape meet without worrying about donations for the NNA AU, we won't be offended. Just have fun.

If you want to do it for vince, I'm sure you can point them to his go fund me and allocate tickets from there.

11. Christina Ballerina

That is exactly what I would like to have suggested, but I didn't want to offend anyone, good on ya Donna :)

Pippi and DogMan like this.
  12. Christina Ballerina

How about a general auction of other stuff, or raffle........I have mountains of collectable non vaping items, which I would gladly donate. Some local art, all sorts of things, maybe we could make it like an auction on FB or a garage sale? Just thinking out loud. Vince certainly needs all the help he can get, he has sacrificed bloody everything for the cause and I would do anything to help him. I know you feel the same Gasman.

13. Noe

Noe Adorably quirky ... QUIRKY Noe! VCA Approved Post Whore

http://divinejuice.jimdo.com Is happy to donate 2 bottles of doublers as a prize :)

1 X Baklava
    &
    X Grande Cigar

Can be split or used together as a single prize :)