1. Call to Action! Vapers, please submit your story to the Federal Inquiry into Ecigs by July 6th, and let's get nicotine legalised: Submit Here

For help with your submission please read This Guide

Dismiss Notice

Where to get batteries cheap?

Discussion in 'Electronic' started by SushiAddiction, Oct 29, 2016.

1. SushiAddiction

SushiAddiction New Member

Since shipping by air is now restricted, batteries are hard to find at a good price. Any suggestions on where to buy?

Fasttech has no shipping options.

Gearbest has $18 shipping :( which works out to be the same price in the end as supersports600.

I'm usually at 20W but sometimes higher so samsung 30q is perfect. 4 batteries for around $20US + cheap shipping (around $2-$7 would be good)

I would buy efest if they are almost half the price.
    http://lygte-info.dk/review/batteries2012/Common18650comparator.php
    [​IMG]
    The cycle life wont be as high but who cares, they'll be cheaper. Better to buy a new set every year anyway.

Ps. If anyone knows me, Hi :)

emu likes this.
  2. Noe

Noe Adorably quirky ... QUIRKY Noe! VCA Approved Post Whore

3. SushiAddiction

I just tried ordering them. Listed as "out of stock" at checkout.

I'll try searching some more. There must be a place out there that has decent shipping and battery prices.

3FVape and focalecig don't sell 18650 batteries. either.

4. Noe

Noe Adorably quirky ... QUIRKY Noe! VCA Approved Post Whore

Just looked on another site, which lead me to a google search for "ICAO". From what I read here, we can probably forget about getting Li-Ion batteries from O/S vendors, unless we are willing to pay courier companies for express shipping on cargo planes:
    http://www.prba.org/news/

5. SushiAddiction

Thanks.

Postage is the killer on Gearbest for those reasons. I guess supersports600 is the best option. Double the price of fasttech but the only real option for good batteries. I should have bought 8 of them a few months ago and kept them in the freezer.

DogMan likes this.
  6. Charles Vaper

Charles Vaper Senior Member

7. Wanda

Wanda Senior Member

If your looking to by in aus victory vape have them from $15 and the vaper caper have them for $10 sony's and Samsung ones, when you take shipping and $ conversation they work out around the same price

8. SushiAddiction

Batteries for cheap. Not cheap batteries.
    XXXXFIRE are a NO.

HE2 are short on capacity compared to 30Q. Look for yourself http://lygte-info.dk/review/batteries2012/Common18650comparator.php
    If they were selling them for $3US ($5AU) each with free postage, I'd buy them.

Best Batteries ATM

Up to 15W, maybe 20W (includes IR & age)
    Sanyo 18650GA 3500mAh 10A max cont. (IR higher than 30Q so less usable mAh after 5-7A)

Up to 50W
    Samsung 30Q 3000mAh - cheap
    Sony VTC6 3000mAh - Expensive, Almost exactly the same as 30Q

After that VTC5A. No explanations.

Last edited: Oct 29, 2016
    Noe likes this.
  9. SushiAddiction

Those prices are too high. It'll be cheaper buying from supersports600 (free postage)

Last edited: Oct 29, 2016
  10. SushiAddiction

[​IMG]
    Efest, mxjo, etc have their place at the right price and wattage just like LG, Sony, Sanyo, Samsung, etc. They are rewraps with false max Amp rating. If you know what it is and the price is right. All good.

Locally?
    Why not see if I can still get them half the price of locally. It's worth a try. 3 months ago I could.

Anyway. Thanks all.

It seems the price point for each battery capacity and usable mAh at certain wattage is not worth discussing when there are so few choices or prices worth comparing.

I'll definatly buy some 30Q from supersports600... unless gearbest or fasttech solve shipping problems.

Noe and DogMan like this.
  11. SushiAddiction

DogMan likes this.
  12. Pippi

Pippi Admin Moderator

Eek, I think I would be a little concerned that they are authentic - Saving $20 compared to ones safety doesn't quite weigh up for me. Personally I think going with Supersport or another trusted OZ vendor is a safer option.

13. SushiAddiction

Sure, buy what you are certain of. That's what I do too. That's why I bought the ones I did.

Next purchase I'll save 50%.

It seems adding 50%+ on top of prices is standard in Australia now. There was a time when around 25% was almost standard for retail. First it was clothes in the late 80's through to 90's that got a 70% markup, after that that other areas followed. Weird thing is people keep buying and the price stays high.